Don't Lose Your Hope

The book of Job is one controversial book amongst Christians and one that non-believers use to prove that our God is not just and kind. They argue if He was, why put a good man through all that to test his faith?

I have found myself asking this same question in recent times. 'Why did You let that happen to me Lord, why couldn’t You stop them from saying that to me?' For you, it could be anything at all that you feel in the moment; even questions you have not been able to ask out loud.

The Message Version of the Bible titles Job chapter 1 as “A Man Devoted to God”; and it says: “Job was a man who lived in Uz. He was honest inside and out, a man of his word, who was devoted to God and hated evil with a passion. He had seven sons and three daughters. He was also very wealthy—seven thousand head of sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred teams of oxen, five hundred donkeys, and a huge staff of servants—the most influential man in all the East!”

The description of Mr Job was flawless, why then did God allow satan to take everything away from him to the point of afflicting his skin? It is a question I cannot answer.

Over the past few days, I have not been able to think of anything else; why did God do that to Job and why did Job not curse God and die as he was continuously advised to do?

Beloved, here is why he didn't: Job had hope! Even after everything he had  taken from him, the only thing he had left was hope: "Even though He kills me; I will hope in Him..." (Job 13:15a, AMP).

Hope that there was a reason for everything that had happened. "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28, NKJV).

Hope that the God he had known and loved all these years was still alive and loved him: "As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that, in the end, he will stand on the earth" Job 19:25, EASY).

Hope that even though he wished so badly he had never been born, God remained a just God and would see him through: "I, the Lord, tell you this: I have decided what I will do for you. I have plans to help you to do well. I do not want to hurt you. I want to give you hope for a good life in the future" (Jeremiah 29:11, EASY).

Hope that it will someday make sense: "So because our hope is set on what is yet to be seen, we patiently keep on waiting for its fulfilment" (Romans 8:25, TPT)

Beloved, that hope kept him from cursing God and that hope kept him alive!

The Bible tells us: "Now faith brings our hopes into reality and becomes the foundation needed to acquire the things we long for. It is all the evidence required to prove what is still unseen. This testimony of faith is what previous generations were commended for. Faith empowers us to see that the universe was created and beautifully coordinated by the power of God’s words! He spoke and the invisible realm gave birth to all that is seen" (Hebrews 11:1‭-‬3, TPT).

Beloved, the foundation of your faith is hope. We cannot see it or touch it, but it is the driving force that helps you have faith. Trust that whatever situation you find yourself in, Jesus is there and will never let the devil steal your Hope! God bless you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Quarry Site Experience

Clean House!

Beware Of The Choice Table